Sunday, April 20, 2008

Winton Woods CITO & After Party/Campout


So my big number "800" wasn't spent on a challenging multi or a high terrain'd challenge, but it was one of my favorite geocaching memories. It was only my second event, the first being Webling's Come & Go Breakfast. I love camping; and being able to wake up, have CITO in a beautiful park, cache all afternoon, then spend my 6 o'clock on through the night relaxing by the fire with a lager, deep fried turkey, the best chili I've ever had, and lots of other geocachers around was a great memory. Kristen, my fiancee, was able to come out and meet up for dinner and camp out as well.


As most parks in the area, they are open from dawn till dusk. however, just .41 miles from the campground
s was one of two caches I still have left in the park. Ian (Abuhhhh) and his son (Monkey Midls), Kristen and I all decided we were going to go tackle GC15A7R - In the Belly of the Beast and GCMZB1 - HCPD - The Scene. It was 9:30ish, so already dark...but it looked like we could bushwhack it. On our way out we teamed up with Team Nitro Maxx and began our hike. It took us a little over an hour to hike the over one mile mostly in the dark woods, but what a hike it was - not really even because of a great cache or a spectacular view, but for the excitement and the journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a lot of fun!!!