Sunday, April 20, 2008

An introduction of sorts.

In attempting to have a regular geocaching blog, it wouldn't hurt to describe how I got to this position. My name is Brian; BTBAM for you geocachers. I am 22 years old and started geocaching December 27th, 2007. I work at a civil engineering company as a lab/field technician, and while out on a job along the East Miami River my co-worker Brian (ydissac) took me to my first geocache: GCHPEC - Historical Cemetery #2 - Dunlap Station. From that moment I became addicted. That day or the next, I'm not sure anymore, I ordered a Garmin GPSmap 60CSx from Ebay. Ever since, I've been caching nearly every day. Today, it's a week shy of 4 months of caching for me, and I just got my 800th cache. I've had lots of slow weeks (only getting 40-50 a week) but lately I've been averaging around 100 a week. I'm sure it will slow down, but for now I can't help it.


No comments: