Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June Recap | Ian's 1000 | Pathtags | #1500

What a month it has been. I haven't generated the stats yet, but from what I calculated I got 414 caches in the month of June......that is a lot. On the 27th 1/4 Sommer and I headed to Lexington since I'd be going out of town this weekend. He had a record day of 51 caches (Sommer Family had a total of 56 that day because another 1/4 Sommer hit some Michigan caches) and I had 48 caches. those days are always good pushers for the next milestone. It was nice to be in Lexington as opposed to some of the other runs I make. Lexington has lots of earthcaches and virtuals, so more history it seems you can learn from caching around there. The only bad thing about those caches is when logging you spend all the time emailing the pictures and answers to questions and yadda yadda. It isn't really a problem, but I mean if you have a run of 50 caches of virtuals and earthcaches, your sorting out an album's worth of photos and pretty much taking an SAT with all the questions to answer. We got most all of the existing caches in the downtown area and started to spread our venture a little bit. I was supposed to double 1,500 milestone with Slammer47, but he can't really make a trip for anything before the 12th of July, and to keep up with my personal stats and rates I like to keep for myself, I just couldn't do it. I thought maybe I'd be able to sit on a few logs, but a few turned into a handful, which turned into 60 something, which could easily turn into a few hundred. It already takes me a good hour or two to log, so I just couldn't do that to myself. Sorry Slammer, but we WILL milestone together!

I just put out a new cache, Down the Rabbit Hole - GC1DJH5: a 4/3.5 multi cache. I put it out for Ian's 1000, not necessarily for him to get as #1000 as he has debated Freefall 35,000's recently re-activated 4/4 Litte Brother, Big Brother. However, I put the cache out in honor of him and his favorite style of caches: tunnels. It's a 3 part tunnel cache, and I find it very fun. It's the first of 5 multi's I plan on putting out from Alice in Wonderland. the next chapter is "Pool of Tears", where alice is first a GIANT and then is SWIMMING in a pool of tears...if that tells you anything.

Yesterday morning I placed my order for my pathtags. A wonderful woman named Jennifer from Wicks Works Designs made the design for me which I think is VERY cool. I took my normal trade item (my signature guitar pick) and placed it in the background of my tag with a big BTBAM going across it and a geocacing "G" symbol in the corner of the pick. I have the design she made, but I'll wait until I get the blueprint from Pathtags before I load a picture of it, be on the lookout for a new post about it.

On a side note (and only because I know he'll be reading this), Ian bought himself a new GPSr...the COLORADO! I haven't even been able to touch the dang thing; my dream GPS. I always wondered what they were like, but no store has a demo of them or anything for me to mess with. The display screen looks incredible, the icons are small and non-cluttering, it can hold 2,000 waypoints, has the notes and cache pages...it's pretty much incredible and now I need one. One downfall he mentioned was that it eats batteries....but I'm pretty sure I can deal with that. Consider it Wishlisted.
So, this past Sunday I tackled my #1500 milestone. 1/4 Sommer and I finished the 3.5/4 The Forgotten Cemetery Tour III - GCRZ8V. it was a 6 stage cemetery multi, with multiple stages per cemetery. It went through a lot of history about the person's family and other people influenced in the area. It took several hours to complete, and almost an hour getting to the place, which apparently turned out to be right outside of California. The second cemetery showed us why it had a 4 terrain rating, as within a mere 200 the altitude changed by, oh I don't know, 400 feet? It was pretty wild, especially for a cemetery. Anyways, we finished that, and I got one more block on my D/T matrix. Actually,

Sunday alone I got 3 blocks filled in, 3 of 4 that I need to finish up everything within 4/4 (which is pretty exciting to me). I have less than 20 boxes left to completing my matrix: YES!

No comments: