Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Traveling Cache, The 81, & More


So, I met this amazing caching group here called The Sommer Family. Husband, Wife, Mom, Daughter. Really fun group (haven't met the daughter yet). Well, I had lunch with the Wife and Mom, and they let me in on a little something, something. It was a grandfathered traveling cache they had come across at Jungle Jims. "Final Approach" (MacGyver MOVING Cache # 27 ) - GCDB76. I always wanted something like this in caching, and it was really cool to be a part of it, especially since it is extinct now!


Also, Ian and I's first cache in our new series got published:
The Beginning, or rather, The End: The 81 Series - GC1CWW7. This series will contain 81 caches, one for each of the Difficulty/Terrain ratings (1/1, 1.5/1, 2/1, 1/1.5, 1/2, etc). Whether you are new to caching or old, 1,000 caches in or 10; this will walk you through it. Over the next few months we will be placing caches all over the tri-state of all difficult and terrain: puzzles, multis, traditionals - everything you can think of. Many of the ideas already created are completely original, and some will not be. The one thing to be sure of is this: if you complete the series - you will have the 81 and can then call yourself a "well-rounded cacher". We will soon develop our own Fizzy challenge puzzle for completing the matrix of OUR caches...and we are very excited to see this come about!

I also was able to go back to some of my milestone locations and take some new, cool pictures for my profile. You can also see them in my flickr gallery here.

PLUS! I updated my bookmark lists for a lot of cool things. I made a list of my favorite non-terrains, my favorite higher terrains, and my "Must Do" list. There are now a LOT of items on my must do list, and lots of new milestones I want. Lots of fun ones, some scenic ones, and tons of high D/T combos.


No comments: