Friday, May 23, 2008

New Gear

Well, it is that time of the year to buy new things for the upcoming season. I have been telling myself for 3 years I would buy some good camping stuff, and 2 summers have gone by with nothing purchased. Well, since I got some money for graduation, I decided to finally go out and get some stuff!






First up I got some ne
w hiking boots. Merrell Chameleon Wrap Gore-Tex XCR's. They are super awesome shoes - perfect for geocaching. If you don't believe me, just read the tag. Particularly note the part where it says made for people who endure "TERRAIN". These will definitely be the shoes I wear this summer while cracking down on the difficult terrains.











2 Military style cots for Kristen (or whoever) and I to use. VERY comfortable.











North Face Terra 40 Backpack. Perfect for overnighters and long day hikes - perfect for this summer!








Large enough tent for the cots and some extra room. Nothing too special - got it at Dick's.








Every guy should have a pocketknife...right? Just needed a new one.








New Leki trekking poles. I never knew how helpful they are until I started using them, and now I love them.













A very nice sale at Bass Pro for a very small backpacking size sleeping bag. fits right into the bottom stor
age on my Terra 40.









20L Dry bag...just in case it gets a little too wet out there...









A nice 70 oz camelbak that slides right into my Terra 40 (set up for hydration).









Now for the cream of the crop. the big shabang. I also bought myself several flashlights. First off
I bought a Maglite 4D LED lite. It seems everyone needs a maglite - the weapon light. However, while I was at Bass Pro this guy showed me these Surefire lights. They were expensive, but I became obsessed with them, and now I have 3 of them.

The 6P LED, L2 LumaMax, and the C-3 Centurion. The 6P has 11 of 80 Lumens, the L2 has a 15 lumen stage and a 100 lumen stage, 18 hours/1 hour respectively, and the C-3 Centurion has a Xenon bulb in it which produces 105 lumens of white light for 60 minutes. All have their perks.



I also bought a Nintendo DS with the addicting puzzle game "Professor Layton and the Curious Village," which Kristen kidnapped and beat.



No comments: